28 May 2017

GRANDMA'S JAM DROPS



Sunday, the day of the week that seems to fly by faster than any other. I have spent my morning in the kitchen whipping up baked goods for the dreaded week ahead. The usual culprits that help make morning and afternoon teas a little more enjoyable. An iced sponge, two dozen muffins and about one million of my grandmothers jam drops. Okay, maybe not one million but enough to make my families eyes bulge. They are easy and delicious so I thought that I would share the recipe with you in case like me you get the urge to bake.


Grandma's Jam Drops

250 grams soft butter
2/3 cup of caster sugar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 egg
2   1/4 cups of plain flour

Jam of your choice

Method

In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just mixed through.
Gently add the flour a little at a time and beat through until smooth.

Roll the mixture into small balls and place onto a greased tray.
Press the back of the spoon into the  mixture to make a small indent into the biscuit and fill with jam of your choosing.

Bake at 150 degrees until slightly golden.
Cool on a wire rack then refrigerate.

These tasty cookies will go down well with every one in the family, and are also quick and easy to make when unexpected guests drop by.

Enjoy

beck xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...