9 Feb 2016

A MOTHERS JOURNEY



It's a journey that keeps you grounded, continues to teach and surprise you.

It's a journey that will fill your life with joy, frustration and a love like no other from the first moment your eyes meet.

Some days it can be likened to running up a hill dragging a heavy but pleasant weight behind you. Somehow you know you will make it, but the struggle is very real.

There are days when everything runs smoothly, and life couldn't get any better.

Its days like these which makes the struggle all worthwhile.

In the beginning, time stands still, you believe you have forever to hold tight, that the day your no longer needed as much is an eternity away. You believe  that things will stay just as they are for as long as you dare to dream.

But time ticks on regardless, the months fly by quickening with each new year, until one day you wake up and it's hard to fathom how you got here so quickly.

***

I don't think anyone can prepare you for motherhood. You can listen to all the stories, take on all the advice, but in the end its a journey that is unlike any other you have been on before, and its never the same journey that anyone else has visited before you. 

Its yours and yours alone.


These past few months have really shaken me, my journey as a mother has changed dramatically. Its still amazing to me how quickly things can change, we are entering a new family era and I am unsure about my continuing roll.

I'm still mum, but how much will I be needed ?

One day your chicks are all under one roof, your taking care of everyone's wants and needs, feeling useful and needed, and then in one swoop, two move out on their own taking their lives into their own hands moving on tho the next stage of their lives. Another child finishes school, he  has plans and dreams of his own to fulfill. Your left with your baby, who in fact is no longer your baby at all. He is still at school and still so reliant on you, but you now know what is coming and that it isn't all that far away until he wants to spread his wings as well.

My babies are all grown up.


They are beginning new and exciting journeys of their own, Leaving me to figure out what my next step will be. It's hard to relinquish the hold you have had for so long. To let go and watch from the sidelines. I know that they will always need me to some degree, but its hard never the less to watch as one journey ends and another one begins.

Linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT

beck xx

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine Beck, how it must feel. Sad and maybe a little bit exciting too? Think of all the things you can do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole bunch of mixed emotions Jess. Now just to figure out what's next xx

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...