31 Dec 2015

FAITH IS TO HAVE WINGS


I just sat down, glass of wine in hand ready to write my last blog post of 2015, before I bring in the New Year with my most favourite people. My family. Everything I do, is for them, My whole purpose, my whole being is dedicated to making them happy, too making their life easier.
I know that many of you who are here reading this, get it. It's a mother thing, it's a wife thing. It makes me happy, that they are happy, it's just what we do.

But what about me, about us ?

I read a blog post today that just maybe the basis to how I approach 2016 - you can read that post here.
So many of Beth's posts over at Baby-mac I read over many times, but this one, it hit me, and made me realise that there is so much more out there waiting for me besides the washing, ironing and cooking.

I just need to give myself permission to go get it....

The first thing I'm going to do when the shops re-open is go buy Elizabeth Gilbert's book Big Magic. I'm so excited to get my hands on a copy, to see for myself exactly what Beth was relaying, that lit a fire inside me.

I don't make New Year resolutions, I suck at them if I was to be honest, but 2016 I've decided, is the year of being the best version of me possible.

There is a quote I love from J.M Barrie's novel The Little White Bird.


"The reason birds an fly and
We can't is simply because they
Have perfect faith, for to have
Faith is to have wings."


Happy New Year everyone

beck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...