7 Sept 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Croissant Berry Bake



I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. It was a quiet one around here, but that was just what we needed. Yesterday we celebrated Fathers Day with a big family dinner, all of us together finally sitting around the dinner table laughing and enjoying each others company. I cherish moments like this now that the boys are older and mostly living their own lives, well the oldest two anyway.
Dinner was lovely, we all ate so much, I think we rolled into bed.

I used the opportunity of a family dinner to experiment again. This time I trialed a new dessert, which went down really well.  Love it when I am onto a winner. Croissants and strawberries, how could I not win ?



CROISSANT BERRY BAKE

Ingredients

* 4 croissants
* 1 cup of berries (fresh or frozen)
* 1 packet of cream cheese, softened
* 2/3 cup of sugar
* 2 eggs
* splash of vanilla
* 1 cup of milk

Break up the croissants and place into the bottom of a greased oven proof dish. Top with the berries.



In a large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Gradually add the milk.

Pour over the the croissants and berries, and refrigerate over night.


Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set in middle and golden.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with ice cream.


was unable to take an after picture of the finished product, as the hungry hoards demolished the dish before I had the chance.

Enjoy

beck xx

2 comments:

  1. O dear Lord I need this right now... like I would roll the whole dish full if you put it in front of me. Strawberries and croissants - two of life's greatest gifts xx

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...