3 Aug 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Grandmas Old Fashion Curried Sausages



GRANDMAS OLD FASHION CURRIED SAUSAGES


I remember when I was young my Nan serving me her curried sausage recipe. Its one of many recipes that she gave me when I got married, and that I now cook for my kids. This is by far one of my kids most favourite meals, and one that gives the boring old beef snag a hit of flavour.

INGREDIENTS

*10 - 12 beef sausages (thick or thin)
*1 tablespoon of butter
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*2 sliced onions
*Curry powder (use as much or as little as you like)
*A good old squirt of tomato sauce
*1 vegetable stock cube
*1/2 cup of water
*3/4 cup of milk

Brown the sausages in the oil and set aside.
Add the butter, curry powder and onion to the pan and cook until soft.


Add a good squirt of tomato sauce and stir well to combine.


Add the sliced sausages to the pan with the stock cube and water. Mix well and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and add the milk, allow to simmer reducing the liquid until it thickens.


Serve with a steaming side of rice.


Enjoy

beck xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...