29 Jun 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Orange Cake


ORANGE CAKE WITH ORANGE ICING

Its school holidays, and mums all around the Country are cheering for lazy mornings and slow routines, however I don't know about you, but my time in the kitchen doubles over the school break.
Sandwiches, cakes, biscuits and plates of fruit, hour upon hour. Where on earth do they put it ?

This week we had an abundance of oranges, so besides enjoying the fruit on its own with all its juicy goodness, I decided to make this light and delicious cake....



INGREDIENTS

*125 g soft butter
*1/4 cup milk
*1/4 cup orange juice
*2 eggs
*3/4 cup caster sugar
*1 1/2 cups of self raising flour




Combine all ingredients together and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
Pour mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes at 160



ORANGE ICING

*1/3 cup soft butter
*1 1/2 cup icing sugar
*2 tbs orange juice *or to taste

Beat all the ingredients together and ice cake once cool.



My boys love this cake, its easy, delicious and I guess I should have baked two today.

beck xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...