9 Apr 2015

DIY PAINTED DISHES


I have seen so many pretty homewares around lately just begging to come home with me, and yes I have snuck home a few gorgeous bowels in the grocery shopping.
Only a few though.
I'm a girly girl, a sucker for pretty things, and I guess after years of being surrounded by everything 'boy' I'm enjoying adding a few 'girly' things around the place knowing that now the boys are older, there are less chances of breakages.

Going through my craft box the other day, I found some paints that I had bought a little while ago when Spotlight had a sale.



The 'Pebeo' paints are water based transparent colour, made for painting glass and porcelain. They come in a huge range of colours, and by baking your finished products in the oven, they become dishwasher proof.

I found these small dishes in Kmart for $3 and thought they would be perfect to give the paints a whirl.


Making sure the dishes were clean and dry, I grabbed my paint brushes and began. Using small strokes I began to brush the colour onto the rim of the bowl, both inside and out.
A small amount of paint goes a long way, so be sure not to use to much.


The gold paint came in a tube, making it perfect for spots or outlines. I found it kept its shape and didn't run. The gold is highly addictive and I have to contain myself from painting everything in sight.



My dishes are small and fit into the palm of my hand. Perfect for jewellery and my latest obsession, air plants. It was such an easy diy to do. No mess and I'm really happy with how they turned out. I am thinking of painting some small vases and a serving platter.



What do you think of how these little bowls turned out ?
If you give these paints a try, I'd love to see what you come up with.

beck xx
This post was not sponsored 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...