23 Jan 2015

EVERYDAY SMALL THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR RIGHT NOW !


There has been so much devastation happening in the world around us lately, that we sometimes forget to stop and appreciate the simple things in life, the small, sometimes silly things that make us smile and be thankful.

Recently I was thinking about posts that focus on being thankful. For me these posts are always thought provoking, they make me stop and think about all I take for granted, both big and small. I'm sure I am not the only one that loses myself in the daily grind, the day to day events that keep us from appreciating what is right in front of us.

I've written posts about this very topic before. Posts about how thankful I am for life and those that share life's journey beside me. Beautiful sentiments that are cliche and traditional.
This time however, I've written a list that is much less intense and more appreciative of the everyday things that we don't usually include on thankful lists, things that are usually overlooked that brighten my every day life....




. That my kids are finally at an age where we can watch TV shows that interest us both instead of         watching Nickelodeon ALL the time

. I am thankful for shape ware

. For the small change that I find in the bottom of the washing machine, my very own pay day !

. Toilet paper, where would we be without it ?

. I am thankful for photo apps that can wash away 40 years of lines

. That my Insta pep talk app sends me hourly notifications

. Ice cream, need I say more :)

. Clean sheet day

. Pillows

. Running water and electricity, something I know we take for granted


The more we look around us and take notice, the more we find to be thankful for. Not everything has to be big and obvious, the small, mundane, common and unconventional things matter too. Not all lists need to have deep meaning, as sometimes it is the small wonders of life, the things that we usually take for granted and don't take to much notice of that make our lives a thankful one.


Linking up my not so conventional list with the gorgeous Grace for FYBF



13 comments:

  1. Love your post. I've been reflecting a lot on the little things I'm thankful for, especially when you look at the world around us and realise just how good we've got it. Definitely thankful for toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, we don't stop and take in how good we do have things often enough. Hope you have a fabulous weekend x

      Delete
  2. I love your list Beck. It's such a blessing to live isn't it? I love clean sheet day, chocolate and watching my girls interact with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A definite blessing. I hope your girls (if they are old enough) have an easy start to the new school year. xx

      Delete
  3. Great list Beck. What is it about clean sheets? Absolute bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the time I'd have fresh sheets every night : ) x

      Delete
  4. Ooh, what's insta pep talk? Curious about that! And I agree about the kids TV shows. We're into Operation Ouch and Horrible Histories here at the moment and it's so much more interesting than the hours of Peppa Pig from a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insta pep talk is a free app, there are quotes you can choose or you can select a "mood" eg sad.. It sends you quotes to pick you up and make you smile. xx

      Delete
  5. Yes we really do have to be grateful for the small things because otherwise we get overwhelmed with all the big crappy stuff around us! Have a great long weekend Beck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Em. Have a great weekend sweetie, and I hope returning to school goes smoothly xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your list Beck... and can I just add Frosty Fruits because I am SO grateful for frosty fruits! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend gorgeous girl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget Frosty Fruits !
      Hope the return to school goes smooth for your boys x

      Delete
  7. I have a Quotes app on my phone and I love it. The quotes are also so timely.
    And yes loo paper! Where would we be without it???

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...