3 Feb 2014

40 Bags In 40 Days : Challenge

Now that school has returned, and 2014 looks to be a very busy year. It's time that I reacquaint myself with the dreaded routine that seems to fly out the window over Summer.

During the past week, our home has had a good old scrub, just like the teens the night before school resumed. But I'm feeling the need to do more. I am feeling cluttered and overwhelmed. My space does not feel like my own at the moment, and it is driving me crazy enough said

Decluttering is something that I am not afraid of, and is something that I do on a regular basis. I hate having things around that no longer have a use or that I have fallen out of love with. I am sure that I have given Hubby more than one mild heart attack over the years as he is what I like to call a Hoarder ! He denies this of course and watches over his shed like a scarecrow watches over a field corn.........

So the other day while I was playing around on Pinterest. {Okay we have discussed my obsession with this before, and I'm sorry but I just cant control this habit} I came across a pin that is well, a declutter challenge.....40 BAGS IN 40 DAYS ! Right away I decided that this was for me. I immediately pinned the challenge and I cant wait to begin.

I have tweaked the challenge a bit to fit my home and family, but all in all it is still very similar to the original.

So here is my 'tweaked' challenge. I will update you as I go, and maybe you would like to join in too. Don't be afraid, you would be surprised at how much stuff you actually do have shoved at the back of your wardrobe, and what really is in your junk draw ? Under the kids beds ? and what lies beneath that couch ?

BECK'S 40 BAGS IN 40 DAYS !

1.  Laundry cupboards and draws                          
2.  Utensil draw in kitchen                                    
3.  Junk draw in kitchen                                        
4.  Pantry                                                          
5.  Pantry                                                            
6.  Under the kitchen sink
7.  Refrigerater/s
8.  microwave cupboard
9.  Office desk
10. Magazine holders
11. Main bedroom closet
12. Two older kids closets
13. Two youngest kids closets
14. Bedroom draws
15. Family room cabinet
16. Kids junk box in family room
17. CD towers
18. TV unit
19. Loungeroom baskets
20. Makeup draw
21. Jewelry box
22. Main bathroom
23. 2nd bathroom
24. Shoes
25. Linen cupboard
26. Craft boxes
27. Kitchen cupboards
28. Cookbooks
29. Garage
30. Garage
31. Car
32. Shoes in garage
33. Under main bed
34. Under kids beds
35. Back patio
36. Bookcase
37. Blogging / computer bag
38. Freezer
39. Gardens
40. {Bar} cupboard in pantry

I am seriously going to give this challenge a go, start the New Year off in a fresh way before the painting of the house begins : )

Let me know if you decide to join in, and how you go.

Beck xx


         








1 comment:

  1. Good luck - sounds like a great challenge. Hopefully when we are packing up our home, I will do lots of decluttering there although, like you, I have a hoarder for a husband and so I am going to have to be very sneaky in throwing stuff from inside out !!! I definitely won't be allowed to touch the garage or the shed - LOL !
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...