4 Dec 2013

Snow Man Family Craft



When I saw these little guys on Pinterest I fell in love with them and just had to have some of my own. A gorgeous family of snowmen to welcome my family and friends at Christmas. 

I decided that I needed to make four, to represent my boys.
They were easy and inexpensive to make as I had all of the bits and pieces 
needed to whip them up in just a couple of hours.

I am really pleased with how they have turned out and I am 
sure that they will be around for many
Christmas's to come.


To make you will need :

*Pieces of wood
*Fabric for the head pieces
*String to tie the hats
*Material, ribbon or tinsel for the scarves
*White paint
*Buttons for the eyes, beads or orange paint for the nose
*Black glitter glue for the mouth and eyebrows
*A hot glue gun


I didn't have the wood cut into any specific lengths. I just made sure that they were all different sizes. I painted the wood roughly so that they had a worn look. 
Next cut rectangles out of the fabric, wrapped and glued them around the top creating a hat, tying with string to secure. 
The face was next. Using the glue gun, I fastened the button eyes and bead noses into place and then using the glitter glue, drew on the eyebrows and mouth.
Lastly I tied a scarf around each snowman using Christmas ribbon and tinsel pipe cleaners. 


Happy Snowman Making !






                                                           

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I could make those and they would turn out how they are supposed to.
    We have some other crafts lined up, but I am keeping this in mind if we have time this year. If not, next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas sweetie. Happy crafting xx

      Delete
    2. Merry Christmas sweetie. Happy crafting xx

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...