10 Feb 2013

A Family Favorite That Makes My Boys Smile : Pasta Bake

I have decided to do something a little different for this weeks "Things that made me smile" post. It's been an emotional week and one that I would rather not rehash. So I am putting this week behind me and moving on to what I am sure will be a super new week ahead :)

So instead of letting my weekly Sunday post slide, I decided to share with you one of the many homemade meals that make my boys "smile" when I comply with their requests and feed them a favorite for dinner.

PASTA BAKE:
4 1/2 cups pasta
2 tsp crushed garlic
500g lean beef mince
diced onion
3/4 cup grated carrot
3/4 cup grated zucchini
3/4 cup diced capsicum
800g tin of diced tomatoes
3/4 cup tomato paste
1 tbl spoon salt reduced chicken stock powder
fresh basil
grated cheese

Cook pasta as per pkt instructions. Leave aside. Saute garlic and onion, add mince and cook through. Add remaining vegetables and cook for further 3min. Stir in all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.

 Reduce heat and let simmer for 15min until liquid starts to reduce.
Stir through cooked pasta and simmer for another 5min.
Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with grated cheese.
Bake for 35min till golden brown.

Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables, or salad of your choice.

I actually have to double these ingredients to feed my tribe, so adjust them to your liking.


This is easy to make and a winner for may boys. So all in all I guess the fact that I made my boys smile by serving them up one of their favorite dishes is also something that made me smile when I witnessed the empty plates and heard the the chorus of voices asking for seconds :)


I hope everyone has a great week ahead of them, and that many things happen to bring a smile to your faces.



One small smile is better then no smile at all xx

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I always grate carrot and zucchini and throw it in my pasta sauce. But I'm yet to find a foolproof way of getting capsicum in there without my daughter picking out the pieces!

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...